1/2 cup olive oil (more as needed)
3 garlic cloves
2 red peppers, sliced
2 green peppers, sliced
1 large onion, thickly sliced
3 celery stalks, peeled, sliced diagonally into 2-inch pieces
1/4 cup white wine
1 15-oz can favorite tomato sauce (I like Rao’s)
salt and pepper to taste
3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
6 to 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1) Preheat oven to 400.
2) Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, peppers, onion, and celery and stir until vegetables just barely soften, about 5 min.
3) Stir in wine and let absorb.
4) Stir in tomato sauce, salt and pepper, and then parsley and basil. Let simmer for 15 min.
5) Meanwhile, in large, greased roasting pan, brush a little oil onto chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 45 min.
6) Pour vegetable mixture over chicken and bake for another 30 minutes.
7) Serve over egg noodles!