This was surprisingly easy! I’ve never attempted to stuff chicken breast before for fear of a kitchen disaster, but it worked out just fine and was delicious to boot. Serves two, took about 45 minutes!
1/2 cup Gouda
1 tbsp sliced pimientos
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tbsp diced white onion
1/2 cup diced mushrooms
1/2 tsp smoked paprika (more to taste)
2 chicken breasts (small ones if possible – I got the individually packaged ones at Trader Joes and they were the perfect size)
fresh black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
1) Preheat oven to 400.
2) Mix together Gouda, pimientos, garlic, onion, ‘shrooms, and paprika.
3) Slice chicken breast carefully with a very sharp knife. Make a long slit along the edge of the breast, going almost to the other side, and then open like a book.
4) Season both sides with salt and pepper, and then stuff with the filling. Sprinkle a little more salt and pepper and paprika on top.
5) Heat olive oil in an oven proof skillet on medium high heat.
6) Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes on one side.
7) Carefully flip chicken (I used tongs to make sure everything stayed held together), and place pan in the oven.
8) Bake for 15 minutes.