5 cups fresh cubed butternut squash
2 1/2 tbsp olive oil, divided
8 ounces ground lamb
2 1/2 cups onions, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
2 cups chicken broth
8 ounces pasta
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 cup grated mozzarella
1) Preheat oven to 450.
2) Toss squash with 1.5 tbsp oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
3) Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil, and transfer squash to baking sheet. Roast about 30 minutes until browned. Flip halfway through.
4) Heat remaining tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground lame and onions and saute for about 8 minutes. Add garlic, cumin, cinnamon, and cayenne, and stir.
5) Stir in tomatoes and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the mixture thickens up, about 5 minutes. Stir in the squash and season to taste with salt and pepper.
6) Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente. Drain, but reserve 1 cup of the pasta water. Return pasta to the pot, and add lamb mixture, half of the cilantro, and half of the cheese. Add reserved pasta water little by little until desired consistency.
7) Serve with remaining cilantro and cheese on top.
(Adapted from Bon Appetit.)