This would also be a great recipe for brunch or lunch, but I loved this for a healthy, vegetarian dinner.
1 zucchini, thinly sliced
1 yellow squash, thinly sliced
2 shallots, diced
2 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup spinach
10 basil leaves, chopped
1/2 cup cheddar
1/4 cup goat cheese
red pepper flakes to taste
1) Preheat oven to 375.
2) Heat oil in oven-proof skillet over medium high heat. Add shallots and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
3) Add zucchini, yellow squash and tomatoes and reduce heat to medium. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
4) Remove from heat. Stir in spinach and basil.
5) Flatten down veggie mixture. Sprinkle with cheddar and goat cheese.
6) Spray with pam, and crack eggs over mixture. Season each egg with salt, pepper, and red pepper.
7) Put pan in oven and bake for 20 minutes until eggs are done and cheese is bubbling.