This picture does not do this dip justice – but it was divine. Brussels sprouts, shallots, three types of cheeses. Serve straight from the oven and dig in!
2 tbsp olive oil
2 1/2 cups Brussels sprouts, roughly chopped
1 shallot, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1/2 cup light sour cream
4 oz light cream cheese
1 cup low-fat mozzarella
1/4 cup Parmesan
kosher salt and fresh black pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven to 375.
2) Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a cast iron skillet and heat over medium. Add shallot and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
3) Add Brussels sprouts, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes until starting to soften and remove pan from heat.
4) In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, cream cheese, mozzarella and Parmesan until well mixed. Add Brussels sprouts to the bowl and stir together.
5) Place dip back in the pan and flatten so it cooks evenly. Bake for 15 minutes.
6) Serve with whatever you’d like – I chose the reduced-guilt pita chips from Trader Joes since I’d already used light, low-fat, etc. and decided I wouldn’t blow it.
As found on The Minimalist Baker.