Happy Mother’s Day! Making dinner for your momma tonight? Make these potatoes!
These. Are so good. Adapted from the Pioneer Woman, I increased the herbs and made a few other changes. I could have eaten this for dinner alone. Warning. This is not for someone on a diet – but be bad one day. I promise it’s worth it. Don’t forget to hug your momma.
4 russet potatoes
1 stick unsalted butter
1 medium white onion, finely diced
8 oz 1/3 reduced fat cream cheese
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 cup half and half
1 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
kosher salt and fresh black pepper
1 tsp dried sage
1/2 cup fresh shredded Parmesan
1) Preheat oven to 400.
2) Coat a large baking dish with non-stick spray.
3) Slice potatoes very thinly. Arrange in the baking dish.
4) Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high. Once melted, add onion and cook for 3 minutes.
5) Add cream cheese block to skillet and break up with a spoon. Stir to melt. Add cream and milk, and stir to combine.
6) Sprinkle in rosemary, parsley, and chives. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7) Pour cheesy mixture over potatoes in baking dish. Sprinkle with sage and fresh Parmesan. Bake for about 40 minutes or until potatoes are nice and tender and top is golden brown.
8) Let rest about 10 minutes before serving.