Holy cheese. This was SO good. It lasted about 10 minutes.
1/2 lb chorizo or hot sausage
1 white onion, diced
1 orange bell pepper, diced
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
1 lb Monterey Jack cheese, grated or cut up small if you get one of the cheese “blocks”
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
3 roma tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1) Preheat oven to 400.
2) Cook sausage in large skillet until browned. (If there’s a lot of grease, drain off once cooked.)
3) Add onion and bell peppers to skillet and cook for 8 minutes over medium high.
4) In an oven proof dish, spray with pam and put a third of the cheese over the bottom.
5) Top with sausage / pepper mixture, then more cheese, and keep layering until used up.
6) Sprinkle the dip with chili powder and cumin.
7) Bake for at least 5 minutes or until cheese is nice and melted and starting to brown on top.
8) Remove from oven and garnish with tomatoes and cilantro.
9) Burn your tongue like me because you’re so excited to eat it you can’t wait for it to cool down.