Please excuse the crappy photo. But I was so excited to eat these that I was impatient. A veggie take on enchiladas. These were loaded with sweet potatoes and black beans and were incredibly filling. I can’t ever seem to find corn tortillas that would be big enough, so I used flour tortillas, but I’m sure it would be great with either.
2 cups salsa verde, divided
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, cooked, diced
1 can black beans, drained
1 4.5 oz can green chiles
3/4 cup red onion, diced
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
2 tsps chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsps cumin
kosher salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
2 cups Mexican cheese (I used a queso blend)
10 flour tortillas (taco size)
1 avocado, diced
2 roma tomatoes, diced
1) Preheat oven to 350.
2) Spray a 9×13 baking dish with pam, and then pour 1 cup sals verde evenly over the bottom.
3) Bring a pot of water to a boil, and cook peeled sweet potatoes until fork tender, about 15 minutes. Let cool slightly and dice.
4) In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, beans, chiles, onion, cilantro, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
5) Assemble the enchiladas! Spoon 1/2 cup sweet potato mixture into each tortilla and sprinkle with cheese. Roll up the tortilla and place it seam side into the baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Top enchiladas with salsa verde and more cheese.
6) Bake for 20 minutes.
7) Serve hot, garnished with avocado and tomato.
Adapted from Damn Delicious.