1/4 cup grapeseed oil
1 package chicken tenders
kosher salt and fresh black pepper
2/3 cup cornstarch
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup buffalo sauce (I used Texas Pete)
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp water
2 tsps apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp sriracha
1) Preheat oven to 325.
2) Cut chicken tenders into bite-sized pieces and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3) Place cornstarch in a medium bowl, and eggs in another bowl. Dip chicken into the cornstarch, and then into the egg mixture.
4) Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high for a couple minutes. Once really hot, add chicken to skillet and brown on all sides.
5) Grease a 9×13 baking dish and place chicken in dish.
6) Mix together buffalo sauce, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, water, salt, and sriracha. Pour sauce over chicken in dish and bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
I served this with basmati rice and soy/sriracha celery. Don’t order Chinese tonight – make it at home!
Adapted from The Recipe Critic.