You can make a frittata a million different ways. But here’s a basic recipe packed with protein and veggies. Serve for either breakfast or dinner!
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
red bell pepper, diced
1/2 red onion, diced
1 red potato, boiled till fork tender, diced
1 jalapeno, seeded, diced
kosher salt and fresh black pepper to taste
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 slices thick ham, diced
3/4 cup Swiss / Gruyere combo shredded cheese
6 eggs, beaten
1) Preheat oven to 400.
2) Heat EVOO in an oven-proof skillet on medium-high heat.
3) Cook pepper, onion, cooked potato, and jalapeno for a few minutes until vegetables start to soften.
4) Reduce heat to medium low, stir in ham, then season to taste with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
5) Spread mixture evenly in pan and sprinkle cheese over veggies/ham.
6) Pour eggs evenly over top of cheese and bake for about 15 minutes, until eggs are done.