This is indulgent. This is cheesy. This is topped with a bunch of tomatoes so I can justify it.
1 8.5 oz package Jiffy corn muffin mix
14.5 oz cream-style corn
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp chile powder
1/2 tsp cumin
2 cups shredded nacho / taco cheese blend, divided
1 1/2 cups of your favorite enchilada sauce
3 cups shredded cooked chicken (from rotisserie chicken is affordable and easy)
– diced tomato
– green onion
– you can also top with sour cream, shredded lettuce, or salsa!
1) Preheat oven to 400. Spray a 9×13 inch casserole dish with Pam.
2) Combine corn muffin mix, corn, eggs, milk, spices and 1 cup of cheese in a large bowl. Stir until well mixed and then pour into casserole dish. Bake for 20 minutes.
3) Remove from oven. Pierce the cornbread mixture with a knife in several places. Then pour enchilada sauce evenly over top of cornbread mixture. Top with shredded chicken and the rest of the cheese. Bake another 20 minutes.
4) Let cool for 10 minutes and add all of your toppings.
As found on I Wash You Dry.