Ratatouille is an awesome and easy way to incorporate tons of veggies into your dinner. Pair them with turkey cutlets for a tasty, fast, and fresh dinner that fills you up without the guilt. Use fresh herbs if you’ve got ’em.
1 small red onion, sliced
1/2 eggplant, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
1 zucchini, chopped
1 yellow squash, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 tomato, diced
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
kosher salt and black pepper to taste
1) Sauté onion and eggplant in olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
2) Add zucchini, yellow squash, garlic, and bell pepper. Sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
3) Add tomato, basil, and season to taste with kosher salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture is thoroughly heated.
Turkey Cutlets Ingredients:
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp fresh black pepper
1 pound turkey cutlets
3 tbsp butter, divided
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup dry white wine
3 tbsp fresh lemon juice (plus lemon wedges for garnish)
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 tablespoons capers
Turkey Cutlets Directions:
1) Mix together flour, salt, and pepper; dredge turkey in mixture.
2) Melt 2 tbsp butter with olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey and cook, in batches, 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Set aside and keep warm.
3) Add wine, lemon juice, and remaining 1 tbsp butter to skillet, stirring up anything stuck to the bottom of the skillet. Cook for a couple minutes.
4) Stir in garlic, parsley, and capers, and spoon sauce over turkey. Serve with lemon wedges.