My dad and I discovered this gem of a recipe in the tiniest Cuban restaurant I’ve ever been to. It was also the best Cuban restaurant I’ve ever been to. If you find yourself on Prince Street in NYC some morning – go. Corn on the cob can indeed be brunch food. It can be a fantastic side to all sorts of dishes. This is easy. Fast. And will leave you wanting more.
6 tbsp mayonnaise
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp cayenne pepper
3/4 cup Cotija cheese
6 ears corn
1 lime (cut into six wedges)
1) Bring a pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, add corn. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes.
2) Stir the mayo, garlic, salt, and cayenne together in a small bowl.
3) Place cotija cheese in a shallow dish.
4) Heat grill to medium-high.
5) Put corn on grill and grill for about 5 minutes until done and with good char marks. Remove from grill and cool slightly.
6) Brush corn with mayo mixture and then roll in cotija cheese.
7) Serve with lime wedge to squeeze over corn.